It is worth mentioning some of the functions of the Spinal Column. This will help you understand why correct posture is so crucial to overall well-being.
The Human Spine -
- Gives Protection to the Spinal Cord, Nerve Roots & many internal organs.
- Is the Base for Attachment of the Ligaments, Tendons & Muscles.
- Gives Structural Support for the Head, Shoulders and Chest, Connects the Upper and Lower body.
- Is critical for Balance and proper Weight distribution.
- Flexibility and Mobility
- Allows & controls the following movements -
Flexion (forward bending), Extension (backward bending), Side bending (left and right), Rotation (left and right) And a Combination of all the above.
- As well as - Bones produce red blood cells and store Minerals.
View full topics