- Static exercise will tend to drive up blood pressure in an instant. Thus people with circulation problems and high blood pressure should avoid over-exerting pressure without muscle movement.
- Whilst performing static exercise, never hold your breath. This can increase blood pressure even higher which could reach a dangerous level.
- As with any activity, don't overdo any movements at the outset. Allow the body to determine when you can increase the range by it slowly allowing you to increase the stretch further and further until you reach the next hint of pain.
- Professional advice is always highly recommended.
- Static / Isometric stretching is not recommended for children and adolescents whose bones are still growing. These age groups are usually flexible enough; strong stretches produced by the isometric contraction may have a much higher risk of damaging their tendons and connective tissue.
View full topics