- Water is also a lubricant and shock absorber.
- The presence of water in and around body tissues helps defend the body against shock.
- The brain, eyes and spinal cord are among the body's sensitive structures that depend on a protective water layer.
- Water also acts as a shock absorber and it enhances the function of nerve cells.
- It also protects sensitive compounds inside the cell from thousands of chemical reactions occurring nearby.
- Water is also the lubricant that helps in the smooth movement of our joints and allows their surfaces to slide and glide with minimal friction. Without water, movement of any joint becomes stiff, painful, and eventually impossible.
View full topics